I think the Christmas light switch ons mean that Christmas can properly begin. There are plenty of Switch On ceremonies going on locally – both big and small. I have rounded these all up below – if you know of any, be sure to let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Celebrate the launch of the Christmas season in Worcester on Thursday 21 November from 3:45pm at Cathedral Square. It promises to be a fun-packed evening for all the family to enjoy!
BBC Hereford & Worcester‘s Malcolm Boyden and Elliott Webb will host the festive launch and the Christmas lights will be switched on at 6pm by The Mayor of Worcester followed by a community Christmas carol sing-a-long!
** LINEUP **
16:00-16:30: Worcester Wolves shoot out and tricks
16:30-16:50: Mike Skilbeck
16.50-17.05: Luke Swatman & Heini Hughes
17:15-17:25: Pantomine cast – Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
17:30-17:55: Rock Choir
18:00: Official Switch On
Come down early to get a good viewing spot.
The Lights Switch on signifies the official start of late night shopping in the city, many shops will be open until 8pm every Thursday night until Christmas.
Stourport on Severn
Three Kings Parade and lights switch on.
Friday 22 November
Come on down to Bromsgrove town centre for this year’s FREE Christmas lights switch on!
It’s 3.30pm to 5.30pm on Saturday November 23 outside the Golden Cross.
Plus there’s the Primrose Hospice Tree of Light Switch On at 5pm outside ASDA, and it’s also the Friends of St John’s Christmas Market in town that day as well as the day before.
It’s a fun-packed day to kick off the Christmas season in Bromsgrove!
Snuggle up in your hats and gloves, gather your friends and family and come and join us at the annual Town Centre Christmas Lights Switch On, hosted by Redditch Borough Council and supported by Redditch Town Centre businesses through Redditch Business Improvement District.
From 3.30pm on Saturday 23rd November*, the Redditch Town Centre Christmas lights switch on will be an afternoon filled with fantastic festive entertainment for all the family to enjoy to this festive season. The event is FREE and suitable for all to enjoy on the lead up to Christmas.
Please see schedule of events below;
- 3.30pm – 4.00pm: Starting at the Town Hall, join us for our Christmas Parade with acrobatic elves, festive stilt walkers and ballerinas which will progress throughout the town centre, into the Kingfisher Shopping Centre, before finishing up at Church Green.
- 4.00pm – 4.45pm: Opening celebrations will commence on stage at Church Green with a range of community groups and singers performing on stage.
- 4.45pm – 5.00pm: Shaun Paul Smith and his dance crew will be joining forces for an unmissable street dance performance to entertain you all!
- 5.00pm onwards: Join us for the headlining act of the afternoon – The Greatest Show Performance! With songs that will have you all singing along, this year’s theme will be the perfect, uplifting performance for everyone to enjoy!
- 5.30pm onwards: Then finally to end the festive fun, we’ll be getting a fabulous send off with Father Christmas, who will give us the honour of switching on the Redditch Town Centre lights!
- 5.45pm: Event Close
Visit Malvern this Christmas on the 23rd November for a spectacular festival jam-packed with everything festival for all ages!
Saturday 30 November
Bewdley museum open for lights switch on
Open until 5pm with the Garden Kitchen serving hot drinks and snacks out the front of the museum and in the cafe. Christmas Elf Hunt and Christmas Crafts for the children from 11am- 3.30pm (charges apply).