Does your 4 or 5 year old do the funniest things when you are not looking? All young children can be characters and I love how Channel 4’s Secret Life of 4 & 5 Year Olds captures that.
The award-winning Channel 4 series is returning to follow 4 and 5 year olds, as they play, learn and interact with other children in a nursery environment. They will be observed throughout by leading scientists and psychologists, who will give insights into child development.
Producers are now looking for applicant’s for the next series and you can apply for your child to be featured.
If you would like to apply you need the following:
– A recent picture of your child (up to 10Mb).
– A video of your child about 2 minutes long (up to 150Mb)
The following tips have been given to help you film your video:
• Hold the camera steady and if indoors, avoid filming into a window. Turn your back to the window and film into the room instead.
• We want to see your child’s face so where possible film them face on and without anything covering their face.
• We are trying to get a sense of your child’s character, so it’s very important that the footage you send us has an element of them speaking or communicating with you. Try asking about their friends, family, what they want to be when they grow up, what space is like etc. Open questions work well but above all we want them to have fun.